Automatic Transmission Fluid - Dogs

Question:
Is automatic transmission fluid toxic to dogs? My dog started to chew on the top of a new unopened container of transmission fluid. He didn't get the top off, but the container was leaking a little. So, I'm not sure he ingested any, but I'm still worried. I know coolant is toxic to dogs, because it tastes sweet, but I'm not sure about transmission fluid. He's not acting sick. Thanks.

Answer:
I would automatically say that automatic transmission fluid is something your dog should not ingest. You can call your vet or you can check the bottle for the poison information, there should be a toll free number to call and check on whether it is poisonous to your dog. I hope your puppy is okay.

Answer:
Call the animal poison control center immediatley.
888-426-4435